Ready in 55-60 minutes
Freezer friendly (only if fish is fresh)
Syns Per Serving - Free on Extra Easy
4 x 142g/5oz smoked haddock fillets
1.2 litres/2pt fish stock
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 large leek, washed and finely chopped
255g/9oz dried risotto rice
397g/14oz fresh or frozen peas
4 large eggs
1. Place the haddock in a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and allow the fish to sit in the water, covered, for 12-15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan over a medium heat, then turn the heat down as low as it will go to keep the stock hot but without letting it reduce.
3. Place 198ml/7fl oz of the warmed stock in another large pan, add the onion and leek and cook for 3-4 minutes until they have softened. Add the rice and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the peas and spinach.
4. Pour in the hot stock, a ladleful at a time, and keep stirring until each ladleful is absorbed. Keep adding the stock, stirring as often as possible until the rice is al dente (tender but still retaining a bite) - this should take about 20 minutes.
5. Skin and flake the haddock into large bite-sized pieces and gently stir into the rice. Keep the risotto warm while you poach the eggs.
6. Divide the risotto between four plates, top each serving with a poached egg and serve immediately.