Ready in 40 minutes
Syns Per Serving - Free on Extra Easy
* add 6 Syns if not using wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
low calorie cooking spray
For the salsa
3 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
½ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp artifical sweetener
57ml/2 fl oz water
1-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 drops Tabasco sauce
For the burgers
794g/1lb 12oz extra lean minced beef
8 tbsp very finely chopped shallots
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
4 x 57g/2oz wholemeal roll
4 lettuce leaves and 4 slices of tomato
grated carrot and shredded red cabbage, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 240c/Gas 9. Place the chips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well on kitchen paper and leave to dry for about 10 minutes.
2. Return the chips to the dry pan, cover with a lid and shake to 'rough-up' the edges of the chips. Transfer to a non-stick roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile place all the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. To make the burgers place the minced beef, shallots, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a bowl and, using your hands, combine thoroughly. Season well, divide into four and shape into flat burgers. Spray the burgers with low calorie cooking spray, place under a hot grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove and keep warm.
5. To assemble the burgers; split the rolls in half and place a lettuce leaf and a tomato slice on top of each base. Top with a burger and some of the salsa, and serve immediately with the chips and some grated carrot and shredded red cabbage.