Ready in 1 hour
Syns Per Serving - Free on Extra Easy
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1-2 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp ground cumin
511g/1lb 2oz extra lean minced beef
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small bite-sized pieces
salt and freshly ground black pepper
400g can red kidney beans in chilli cause
400g can mixed beans in brine, drained
312g/11oz dried long-grain rice
coriander sprigs, to garnish (optional)
chunky salad (cucumber, red onion, and tomato), to serve
1. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the cayenne pepper or paprika, cinnamon, cumin and minced beef and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and peppers and bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for another 10 minutes.
3. Add the beans, stir to mix well and return to the heat for another 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
5. Remove the chilli from the heat and serve in warmed bowls with the rice. Garnish with the coriander, if using, and serve with the chunky salad.