- 900g medium-sized Maris Piper potatoes
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- Baked beans
- Sea salt
- Malt vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes and remove any blemishes or ‘eyes’. Slice lengthways into chips approximately 1cm thick.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to ‘rough up’ the edges of the chips. Spray a metal baking tray with low calorie oil spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a frying pan with low calorie oil spray. Break your eggs into the pan and heat until the white is solid. Flip over if you like your eggs well done, or leave sunny side up for a runny yolk. Pour the baked beans into a sauce pan and gently heat until warmed through.
- Drain the chips on kitchen paper and serve on a plate with the eggs and baked beans. Sprinkle with salt and vinegar – enjoy!