- 340g potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 x 200g can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 2 level tbsp fat-free natural cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 spring onions (or 1 Spanish onion), finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water for about 15 minutes until tender. Drain well and mash them while they are still warm.
- Add the baked beans, cottage cheese, parsley and egg yolks. Mix well together and then add the spring onions (or Spanish onion) and seasoning to taste. The mixture shouldn’t be too wet.
- Using your hands, mould the potato mixture into 8 patties, which are approximately 7.5 cm diameter, and dust very lightly with flour.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with a little low calorie oil spray. Heat and then cook the patties for 3–4 minutes each side. Serve them immediately with some fresh green vegetables or a crisp salad.
1 SYN per serving