- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 340g boiled potatoes diced
- 340g cooked lean leftover beef, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Spray a deep frying pan with low calorie oil spray and fry the onion gently for 8-10 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Add the garlic and diced potatoes and continue frying for about 10 minutes, until they are crisp and golden.
- Stir in the diced beef and season generously with salt and pepper. Continue frying and stirring occasionally until the hash is heated through.
- Meanwhile, poach 4 eggs in a pan of barely simmering water, until the white are cooked and firm. Remove carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Serve the hash sprinkled with chopped parsley with a poached egg on top of each serving.