Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Method - Syn Free
- Quorn mince**
- Frozen sweetcorn
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 carton of Passata
- Mixed herbs
- 1 tub fat free cottage cheese*
- 1Kg bag of sweet potatoes
You can also add another vegetables of your choice, fresh or frozen
*If you wish, you can use regular cheese or other low fat soft cheese as part of a healthy extra to keep this syn free.
**Swap the quorn for 5% lean mince for a non vegetarian option
- Peel and thinly slice the sweet potatoes
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a suitable bowl and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Layer the slow cooker with the sweet potato used like lasagne and add the quorn/vegetables in between the sweet potato layers.
- When you have used all the ingredients, spread the cottage cheese over the top, add a layer of freshly sliced tomatoes and cook for around 5 hours on low.
- Check the lasagna is cooked through, if necessary switch to medium or high for around 1 hour before you are due to dish up!
TIP: Alternate the sweet potato with dried lasagna sheets if you wish, or if you find you don't have enough sweet potato.
You can easily make different variations of this meal using different vegetables. Ring the changes for some great variety to your slow cooker dinners!